Professional Standards & Training Division
The Cayce Police Department conducts year-round training to maintain a high standard of professionalism for our officers to serve this community. Below is a list of some of the extensive training classes our officers participate in.
- Anti Bias training which has been included in required training for our Officers.
- DV yearly training in compliance with Academy and Department Standards.
- Less lethal training and equipment. This was incorporated in the last year with use of less lethal shotguns and equipment.
- Advanced training for impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE and other programs)
- Leadership Classes that will allow better communication and performance in every discipline in our department.
- FTO programs that have been revised and improved for better preparation for new and even existing officers.
- Interview and Interrogation training classes that assist in investigative work as well as for first line Officers.
- Advanced forensic technique training to assist with crime scene and investigative techniques.
- TAC Med classes to assist with Officer first aid and rapid response during incidents.
- Yearly training to be in compliance with the SCCJA. This incudes firearms training, driving training, defensive tactics and secondary weapons training including Taser and OC.
- FBI-Leeda training which will expand supervisors skill sets.